Senior Construction Project Manager
This is no longer accepting applications.
- Project Management, 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Full Job Description
SSP Industries, LP has been a local Commercial Plumbing and Utility contractor for more than 30 years. We have a strong focus on safety and the over-all well being of our employees.
A well-qualified candidate should have the ability to manage multiple Project Managers, Project Assistants, Field Supervisors on multiple projects at the same time. They will have excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills, having the ability to work directly with our customers as well as relate and lead the field managers and personnel.
Below are some of the specific duties and other qualifications of the position:
1. Reading and understanding plans and specifications for all phases of construction
2. Excellent written and verbal skills which will allow you to communicate in such a manner that others will clearly understand and comply with requests or information provided.
3. Ability to generate schedules using professional scheduling software.
4. Fluent understanding and capabilities with MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
5. Ensure job safety by promoting SSP’s safety policies, monitoring compliance and developing improvements to existing policy requirements.
6. Ensure all projects meet the customer specifications and requirements for quality.
7. Maintain all projects to be completed on or ahead of schedule.
8. Monitor project backlogs and schedules to advise the estimating department to maintain a healthy workload for the company.
9. Monitor and analyze job costs to budget.
10. Produce and review monthly billings with help of PM’s.
11. Review subcontractor and vendor quotes for accuracy.
12. Monitor and review daily reporting of job progress and challenges.
13. Prepare and review all 90 day and annual or periodic evaluations of the performance of all personnel in the plumbing division.
14. Assist HR department in the recruiting needs of your department.
We will also invest the time necessary for this senior position to learn the trade for which they are going to be managing. We are more concerned that the applicant will have the aptitude and ability to lead with the understanding of construction and construction management rather than a specific knowledge of commercial and industrial plumbing and mechanical work. We employ other PM’s and field managers that are intimately knowledgeable with our field of work that will be the technical knowledge that this senior position will draw. Learning our specific industry can easily be taught to the right person. The necessary leadership and over-all construction understanding is more important for the basis of a successful candidate.
**Compensation will depend on experience and includes Performance Bonus**
COME JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.