Project Manager, Construction
This is no longer accepting applications.
The Project Manager, Construction oversees and directs the construction management of assigned project(s). Further, the Project Manager, Construction serves as liaison between the University and outside contractors and designers to ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion.
Department Specific Functions
• Project Manager will have multi-campus responsibilities, as well as responsibilities at various satellite locations. Projects may include complex healthcare, lab and research facilities.
• Jointly plan, program, manage, and assist in coordination of multiple capital and non-capital construction projects consistent with the goals and priorities of the university.
• Maintain continuous coordination and dialogue with the Architect/Engineer, user, and Physical Plant to ensure university requirements are incorporated in the design of assigned projects.
• Manage all facets of assigned projects from conception through design, construction permitting, and User Occupancy, as necessary to guarantee a quality project on schedule and within budget.
• Prepare feasibility, constructability, and value engineering analysis from the concept stage of assigned projects.
• Carry out review of drawings and specifications at each stage of design completion to ensure quality and accuracy of plans, compliance with University Standards, project goals, and objectives.
• Develop project contracting and bid strategy, and manage associated meetings.
• Manage the construction, design, and associated consultants contracts, and direct the interaction of Architects, Engineers, and Contractors during all phases of assigned projects.
• Keep client informed of progress and change actions during the project on a weekly basis. Generate monthly status reports incorporating updated schedules, cost projections, photos, and status and prepare cost reports on a regular basis.
• Obtain technical base data and provide same to appropriate design entities (such as ground surveys, reference drawings, test, and boring data) including “as-builts” and Facilities Condition Reports and provide same to appropriate design entities.
• Assist Users with the securing of office furniture, telephones, keying & locks, moving, and all other components required to produce a “turn-key” project.
• All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Knowledge of healthcare building design and construction management principles.
• Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate contract management, design and construction operations.
• Ability to establish project goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
• Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
• Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
• Commitment to the University's core values.
Your application has been successfully submitted.